Earlier this year, LeSaint Logistics was acquired by TAGG Logistics, a St Louis-based leader in e-commerce order fulfillment, retail distribution and logistics. Together, LeSaint and TAGG create a nationwide network of 25 fulfillment and warehousing facilities, expanding our combined reach further than ever before for the CPG industry. That’s the essence of the value TAGG brings to LeSaint customers—and why our two organizations have become one.
What’s the advantage of expanding our network’s size and resources? TAGG sums it up best: Your Business Everywhere™. It’s the future of commerce, where everything you need to expand your customer base is available all from a single source. Together, TAGG and LeSaint provide a complete and tailored 3PL solution, combining fulfillment, distribution and packaging services to give consumers what they want most today: delivery at the speed of NOW.
Why LeSaint and TAGG are such a perfect fit.
Since the early 80’s, LeSaint has created the best supply chain solutions for its customers through exceptional supply chain, warehousing and transportation execution. LeSaint has a legacy of helping the CPG industry evolve from serving traditional brick-and-mortar retailers to true omni-channel fulfillment, including e-commerce order fulfillment and direct-to-consumer solutions. And that’s why TAGG is a perfect match. When TAGG was launched in 2006, omni-channel retailing was just getting started. Today, it’s business as usual—as consumers shop where they want, when they want. As a result, CPG manufacturers must meet consumers where they are, wherever they are. As online sales continue to grow via digital channels like social media and digital marketplaces like Amazon.com, the complexity continues to grow. And so does the pressure on fulfillment centers to meet consumer expectations for delivery.
TAGG saw this trend more than a dozen years ago and began to build the consumer-driven fulfillment center of the future. For example, in 2009 the St. Louis-based company added a second fulfillment center in Reno, Nevada to deliver faster to West Coast consumers. A third fulfillment center opened in 2015 in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Three years later, TAGG expanded its omnichannel capabilities even further by forging a relationship with Dot Foods, the nation’s largest food industry redistributor. This relationship gives TAGG access to a wealth of infrastructure assets such as temperature-controlled facilities—just as online consumer demand for temperature sensitive products increases.
Much as LeSaint has helped its CPG clients expand into omni-channel fulfillment over the last three decades, TAGG’s growth has been fueled by continuous expansion to meet consumer demand from day one. So when the opportunity arose to accelerate that growth by combining forces between the two companies, the decision was simple.
Let’s take a closer look at the services TAGG now makes available to LeSaint customers.
The heart of Your Business Everywhere™
- E-commerce order fulfillment: TAGG is built for high-speed fulfillment, from shopping cart to your customer’s door. There’s no faster, more cost-effective way to deliver your products. The result: you create a stronger brand experience for your customers, which builds greater loyalty.
- Amazon fulfillment: If you want to be part of the Seller Fulfilled Prime program, here’s how you can earn the coveted Prime Badge. TAGG meets the criteria for Amazon’s stringent shipping standards, empowering e-tailers to more broadly reach the digital marketplace’s most sought-after customers.
- Omnichannel fulfillment: Where do you want to sell today? TAGG is already there, ready to help you succeed in the complex and growing omnichannel world. Retail storefronts are still the foundation of consumer sales (for now). TAGG can help you get your products on the shelf. Want to sell at Walmart or Target? We have the EDI, shipping and delivery knowhow to help make it happen.
There are many other omnichannel opportunities as well, and TAGG can connect you to them all:
- Digital marketplaces, such as Amazon.com and Walmart.com.
- Digital channels, including daily deal sites, flash sales, subscription boxes and social media.
- Non-digital channels, such as catalog sales, direct response TV, mail, kiosks and more.
The LeSaint-TAGG relationship is a new and powerful 3PL combination of direct-to-consumer, omnichannel fulfillment and end-to-end supply chain expertise. Whatever your logistics needs, now you have an even broader source for expertise, technology and most of all—passion to help you succeed. To learn more about how our combined company delivers the best supply chain solutions, contact the LeSaint-TAGG team.