Crane & LeSaint: E-Commerce & Supply Chain Case Study
An intelligent, flexible solution enables global manufacturer of small appliances to rapidly grow their e-commerce business.
Crane began with designs for small home appliances in 2005, and demand for the company’s creative designs and high-quality products has grown by leaps and bounds since then. As complexities of e-commerce and the need for shorter lead times increased amongst their retailer customers, Crane partnered with LeSaint in 2014 to take their distribution to the next level. LeSaint offers the high levels of customer service, process discipline and support necessary to deliver a high-performance operation in Illinois and California. This includes meeting stringent requirements from Amazon and other e-commerce retailers, and a sophisticated Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) solution that ensures Crane can have the tracking capabilities inherent in compliance with FDA regulations for its products. LeSaint also provides value-added services such as damage reporting, custom labeling, repacking and drop shipping.
- CLIENT Crane
- INDUSTRYCPG, Durable Goods
- CHALLENGEAddressing the supply chain complexities associated with e-commerce and retailer needs for shorter lead times.
- SOLUTIONLeSaint provides high levels of customer service, process discipline and support necessary to deliver a high-performance operation that includes warehousing, an EDI solution, product tracking and a host of value-added services.
- RESULTSOver 850,000 units shipped in 2018
99.85% shipping accuracy in 2018
100% inventory unit accuracy in 2018
360 Logic™ and LEAN 5S principles optimize storage and distribution areas
- CATEGORY Case Study
- TAGS 360Logic , Consumer Packaged Goods , Durable Goods , Omni-Channel Fulfillment , Retail-ready Configuration , Warehousing